For Immediate Release
September 24, 2021
2021 Exhibitor Setup Guide
Listed below are some important dates that should be kept in mind while preparing for the upcoming 2021 SciFi Expo.
- Exhibit Setup Begins: Sunday, October 3
- Exhibit Setup Closes: Wednesday, October 6
- Blogger Early Access: Thursday, October 7
- 2021 SciFi Expo Opens: Friday, October 8
- 2021 SciFi Expo Closes: Sunday, October 17
- Regions Cleanup/Teardown: Monday, October 18
- Regions Offline: Tuesday, October 19
Please Note: Each region will have a daily restart, however timing may vary.
We will be offering a shopping guide listed here on our website for your event semi-exclusive items. In order to be included in this year’s shopping guide you must fill out the shopping guide form. Submitted images must be 512 x 512 or smaller as a 1:1 Square.
(Please ensure you read through the form carefully so that we can get the correct information to use.)
Bloggers will have early access to the regions on October 7. In order to offer review copies, we will be setting up a blogger room for you to drop off your exclusive item. A full list of this year’s approved bloggers can be found here.
In addition to your items, it is recommended to include copies of vendor ads, a landmark to your store, a landmark to your Expo store, and any other information you may want to give to bloggers.
We would please ask that both of your two (2) required 100% Strides items be included in your Blogger Box so that our bloggers may draw attention to them.
Instructions for Blogger Box Setup:
- Purchase one of the blogger boxes set for sale in the blogger room.
- Right-click to edit it. Go to the Content tab. Drag your items from your inventory to the contents tab of the box. REMEMBER, you must have the rights to distribute whatever it is you put inside the Blogger Box. (see the Terms & Conditions for more information)
- Go to the General tab. In the Name box, change the name from “2021 SciFi Expo Blogger Box – ” to what your exhibit is actually titled. For example, “2021 SciFi Expo Blogger Box – Joes’ Dungeon” (without the quotes).
Please limit your decorating to the interior of your exhibit. The region designers have worked very hard to create regions you will be proud to be a part of, keeping your merchandise inside your exhibit is a way of saying “thank you” for their efforts.
Once you are done setting up please contact a Coordinator to conduct a final inspection and to receive approval. (The Coordinator will specifically be looking for any inappropriate and/or insensitive content, and lag inducing items. If any item is found to fall into one of the above categories, they will be asked to be removed.)
Texture Size Preference:
The preference for texture dimensions are 512×512, especially in vendor images. The higher the texture resolution, the longer textures take to rez. It should be kept in mind that these high-res textures have a cumulative effect: each 1024×1024 texture uses four times the memory of a 512×512 texture, which affects load times and frame rates for our visitors.
To assist with a better overall experience please try to keep your script loads down as per the Terms & Conditions detailed here. In a nutshell: No temporary rezzers or greeters. Group inviters and basic links are fine.
Single Item Vendors
Please remember that all vendors must be single item vendors, and not multi-item vendors.
We require additional participation in at least one of the following ways:
Items will be given away freely as a part of the prizes given out during the finale of our interactive quest.
Exhibitors will be granted access to a dropbox room where they can purchase a box to place their quest item(s) into. The item(s) will then be delivered to players during the final part of the quest.
Instructions for Dropbox Setup:
- Purchase one of the drop boxes set for sale in the Quest Dropbox room.
- Right-click to edit it. Go to the Content tab. Drag your quest item(s) from your inventory to the contents tab of the box. REMEMBER, you must have the rights to distribute whatever it is you put inside the dropbox. (see the Terms & Conditions for more information)
- Go to the General tab. In the Name box, change the name from “2021 SciFi Expo Quest– ” to what your exhibit is actually titled. For example, “2021 SciFi Expo Quest – Joes’ Dungeon” (without the quotes).
Gift Card Raffle:
100% Donation of a Gift Card (Minimum Value: L$250 – the Expo organizes.) This is a great option as it helps to bring shoppers to your store after the Expo has concluded. You are free to provide as many cards as you wish but they all must have a minimum value of L$250 each.
Exhibitors choosing this option will set up an official “ACS SciFi Expo Raffle – OFFICIAL v27” vendor in a designated Gift Card raffle area, the vendor should be set to end on October 17 at 12pm SLT, with a minimum bid of L$250.
Donation of an item made exclusively for the 2021 SciFI Expo. This item can never have been offered before in Second Life, and may never be sold, offered, or given away to any individual except the winner of that auction. This is not limited to just created items, but may also be a unique package or bundle that is put together and may only be offered once.
The 2021 SciFi Expo Exclusive Auction will be a silent auction that opens on October 8.
Bids will be placed via silent auction boards located in front of the Exclusive Auction item.
The winning bidder will pay into a designated ACS SciFi Expo donation kiosk.
Exhibitors that intend on participating in the Exclusive Auction must have their item on display in the assigned location by October 6 at 6pm SLT.
Please also provide a 512×512 image of the product to slscifiexpo.Resident inworld.
Winners of the exclusive auction will be announced on October 17 at 9pm SLT. The winner will have 24 hours to pay a kiosk before the auction is awarded to the next highest bidder.
Creators will be informed of who has won the auction by a Coordinator following payment confirmation.
All of our fundraising tools are supplied directly by the American Cancer Society in Second Life and are scripted to send donations to their official fundraising account (MakingStrides AmericanCancer or THE AmericanCancer). Fundraising tools have been sent out in a group notice in the Exhibitor Kit, however if you require another copy please contact one of the Coordinators. The provided fundraising tools are as follows:
- “ACS SciFi Expo Kiosk – OFFICIAL v27” – This is a donation kiosk, 100% of proceeds garnered go directly to Making Strides, and the event total.
- While kiosks will be set up throughout the regions by the event, you are encouraged to also set one up in your exhibit.
- “ACS SciFi Expo Vendor – OFFICIAL v27” – This vendor sends 100% of received funds to Making Strides and towards the event total.
- If you are a merchant/store, please remember that a minimum of 1 New Semi-Exclusive item and 1 Old item of your choice must be sold in a 100% charity vendor. It is recommended you set them up ahead of the event.
- “ACS SciFi Expo Split Vendor – OFFICIAL v27” – This vendor sends 50% to you, and 50% towards Making Strides, and the event total.
- “ACS SciFi Expo LQ Vendor – OFFICIAL v27” – This vendor sends 100% of received funds to Making Strides and towards the event total. And allows for only a limited quantity of items to be sold.
- “ACS SciFi Expo Raffle – OFFICIAL v27” – This is a Raffle/Auction vendor. This donates 100% of proceeds to the charity, and will only sell one (1) item to one (1) person who wins the raffle/auction.